Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Catch Up - Friends in Ohio

When I go somewhere out of state, I've been making it a habit to connect with old friends, new friends, and online friends. Because the adoption world is so spread out, it's hard to go anywhere without being able to do that.

Our trip to Ohio (see previous post), was no exception.

When I found out we were going, I wanted to go visit Sarah's quilt shop.

Sarah is a young lady who runs a quilt shop with her mom. She also happens to have Down syndrome. I've read her blog for a few years, and I was looking forward to meeting her!

After the GPS got us lost, we finally found the beautiful little quilt shop. We had fun chatting with Sarah and her mom and of course, shopping from all the beautiful fabric.

If you are ever going to be in Cleveland, I encourage to go check them out! Their website is here, and you can also read Sarah's blog here.

Oh, and Elijah was apparently tired of riding in the car because when we buckled him back in when we were leaving, he signing "May I please be excused?" Ha! Nice try buddy!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And then came the surprise of the weekend. I had mentioned on Facebook that we got to Ohio, and Summer messaged me wanting to know where, because they wanted to come see us!

So, long story short, that awesome Spitz family packed up for a road trip and came to visit us at the hotel!


We swam, we ate, we talked, we played, and we had soo much fun!


When Summer and Dave were in Ukraine adopting Bellie, they met my mom, who was just about to bring Elijah home. I met them for the first time in DC last summer, and then again in September and May when I went to watch their kids. And that's it. So our families really haven't really met. Until they came to see us! :)


I'm so glad they finally got to meet, and I got to see my Spitz babies again, even if just for a few hours!

Thank you for coming Summer and Fam! ♥ you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!