Thursday, June 14, 2012

Racing for Orphans with Down Syndrome!

I'm back!!! Or as my favorite Star Wars character Jar Jar Binks would say it "MESA BACK!" :) I've missed blogging, and I have a whole host of posts lined up! Lots has happened since I took my break, and I can't wait to tell you about it - the good, the bad, the exciting, and disappointing.

But today, I want to bring attention to a very important cause! A very awesome guy, by the name of Brady Murray, has a son with Down syndrome, and has a heart for helping orphans with Down syndrome. He is also a racer- a triathlete. But he doesn't race in just any triathlons, he does Iron-mans. So her put the two together, and we get this:




Grab This!

And now, we have a chance to help him!!!! I'll let Brady tell you how by reposting his blog post.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Racing for Orphans with Down Syndrome

My family and I have loved being able to work on behalf of the children on Reece's Rainbow since finding this great organization.  It's for this reason that I had a hard time sleeping because of the excitement after hearing about this announcement!

Two months ago, Ironman announced a contest called Kona Inspired.  How it works is they have given the general public 
an opportunity to submit a 90 second video based around the theme, "Anything is Possible".  Winners receive a spot 
to race in the Ironman World Championship in October, but most importantly, they will race as a media athlete and have 
the opportunity to share their story on NBC's nationally televised broadcast of the championship this year!  THIS COULD 
BE OUR OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE THESE PRECIOUS CHILDREN'S STORY WITH THE WORLD!!!

After reading Ironman's press release we immediately went to work.  This is an opportunity to help these children in a 
way that I never imagined possible!  The video came together with the help of many wonderful people and we submitted
 it.  105 videos were submitted.  After over a month long preliminary public voting, we just received word that we 
are one of the top 15 videos and will compete in the final round of voting June 4 - June 18!!!

Please take a moment to WATCHVOTE, and SHARE our video as much as possible throughout the day from your home computer, work computer, laptop, phone, etc!  We need to be in the top 2 videos at the end of the day on June 18.

KONA INSPIRED VIDEO LINK


Thank you for your time and willingness to make the dream of these orphans of finding their forever family a reality!


Brady and Nash

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So there you have it! An amazing way to spread awareness for orphans with Down syndrome, and support Brady along the way! You don't have to have a Facebook account to vote, even though it is on Facebook. You can vote as many times as you want through the day, I just refresh and vote again and again! And it doesn't cost anything but a offering of a little of your time to vote. So go vote!

Thank you soo much for helping to spread awareness!!!! What an awesome opportunity this is for the orphan advocating community! Let's make the most of it!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, and as always, please go get a puzzle piece if you haven't yet! We didn't make our goal of having it filled in by Rachel's birthday (see last post), but we came close!

1 comment:

  1. Jar-Jar is...whoops I better not say it or you'll be mad at me!!! He's definitely not my favorite character though!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!