Friday, May 13, 2011

Lawn Mowing Musings

I had meant to post this last night, but Blogger was still having issues.. :(

~~~~~~


No, I did not mow the lawn like this.. :)

Tonight, I was out mowing for the first time this year. My musings:


Dad was out of town for the night, and mom and me needed to jump start the mower. Should be easy to do with a engineering school graduate (my mom), right? Haha! She isn't a engineer anymore, she's a stay at home mom. Good thing dad had his cell phone! :)

Our lawn mower of over 10 years works pretty well most of the time.

Whoever invented the riding lawn mover is a genius! Next time just add a few more springs please. :)

Elijah loves the lawnmower and escaped from mama several times to come chase it and attack it. Rachel, on the other hand is scared of it.

Sun glasses don't work very well at dusk even when the intent isn't to keep the sun out of your eyes. You can't see what is cut and what isn't when you have them on!

As far as yard care goes, I'll happily live in a apartment in EE! (I'll happily live in a apartment over there no matter what! :))

If you come to our house anytime soon, please don't pay attention to the quality of the grass in our backyard...

But really, being out there really got me thinking. Why are we so concerned about how our yards look? I suppose it's because we have nothing else to worry about. But let's take a moment and think about those whose lawn is the farthest thing from their mind. They aren't even worried about it they have a yard. But they are worried about where the food for the next meal is going to come from, or if there even is going to be a next meal. We are blessed. Very BLESSED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!