Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A story about my shirt.

Background of story: Last July I was blessed with the amazing opportunity to go to the National Down Syndrome Convention with the Zoromski family. While there I bought a new shirt.

It says "My Brothers hasve Down Syndrome. On the back it says "I'm just cool by association."

Fast forward 7 months.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There was snow on the ground, the sun was shining bright. Mom and I had to make a quick run to my favorite fabric and craft store store down the road.

On the way she said that today was February 15th, and if there was anything happening today that I could add to my list. (The 15th is my favorite day of the month, things, good and bad, always seem to happen on that day.)

I told her I didn't think so, but we'll see at the end of the day. "Maxim has been a Nance for 1 month. Lyla has been home 5 months. 6 months since Selah's accident. 31 months since I met Logan."

On the way home she says, "I have something you can add to your list for today..." What she said next, resulted in me changing my shirt to this.

Moral of the story: I need a new shirt, I'm running out of room!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, we are adopting again!!! And very excited about it!

A little girl with Down syndrome. Who the world sees as worthless. But who we see as worthy. Worthy of a family, worthy of love. And we are going to give those two things to her. And a new name as well: Grace. She, Lord willing, will be my new little sister by the end of 2013. We are looking at traveling late summer right now.

Follow the journey over on my mom's blog: My God is Lord

Here we go again, back to the country we love to bring home another child who doesn't know love. I can't wait!!! :D


Pssst.... I know you are wondering who she is, but we aren't sharing that at this point in the process. Sorry. :( I wish I could show you her adorable face! My mom kinda explains why here.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Praying for you and your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!!!!!! I sure am a FAN of this post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! Looking forward to following your adoption journey :)
    Love,
    Haylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW How did I miss this?!?!?!? Amazing!!!! So exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!