Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Waiting Wednesday: Maxim

I know I have posted about Maxim for WW before, but he really is in desperate need of a family! Natalie, a missionary who visited him many times made this video for him.



Oh and I have to add, the video says he was diagnosed with rickets. Rickets sounds scary but really it's not! I wrote a paper on it recently for school, so email me if you want to read it! ;)

I'm going to ask you, no beg you, to share the video of him, his picture, and/or his profile!! He has soo much potential, he just needs a family who will look past his scary looking list of diagnosis's and love him unconditionally!!!

Here's is Maxim's profile:

Maxim

Boy, Born September 15, 2004
Maxim is a precious little boy who has already been sent away to the institution. He needs a family immediately!! He is 6 years old, with blonde hair and blue yes.  He struggles with strabismus in both eyes and a significant tongue thrust, but surgery/glasses and OT will help with that!  Please give Maxim the chance to grow up in a loving family, so he can realize his full potential!!  We have already had a family adopt from this institution, so Maxim still has an opportunity to be saved and to live the life he so richly deserves!
 
From one of our adoptive families who visited with him in October 2010:   I don't know if I can openly share how the whole encounter went so I will just say that we were able to go and while we were there I was able to see Maxim. To hold him and love on him. To laugh as he passed gas and laughed about it. That was one of the best parts of the visit, how he thought "tooting" (is it called that when boys do it?) was just the funniest thing – just like any other 6 year old little boy would. He was so sweet and so alert and attentive to those who had come to visit with him. Here's a little rundown of his abilities that I witnessed first hand:
  • He can pull up to stand and walk with assistance.
  • He knows his name and responds to it.
  • He has a sweet nature, personality, and sense of humor
  • He copies hand motions (I believe he could learn to sign)
  • He can crawl
  • He likes cars! :) They said he crawls through the window to look out when the car comes to their building.
In the one pic above where  you see his hands, he kept touching his thumbs together and so I put his pointers togehter to make a heart and after that he kept trying to do it himself. His worker was a really sweet lady who obviously believes that people with DS are capable. She hopes to see change in her country someday. That really touched my heart to know that he is being cared for by someone who believes that he can be something if given a chance. AND HE CAN!
 
Maxim's Mom and Dad? Where are you? I've seen him. I've held him and kissed his sweet face. He is waiting patiently for you to come for him. I KNOW, I just KNOW, that he will be the biggest blessing to his family. Please hear the call – for Maxim.
 
UPDATE OCT 2011:  
Maxim is one of the sweetest little boys I've ever met. He pats my arm in the most adorable, gentle way, and it absolutely melts my heart! He is now walking with very minimal assistance, and crawls faster than any other child I've ever met. He is a smart boy, and will follow directions (for example, come over to the carpet). He has an amazing attention span, and will bounce a ball back and forth with me for at least 20 minutes straight. He has the most wonderful laugh, and is a very joyful little guy! He has so much potential, someone please choose Maxim!! 
 
 
$4715.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to go post this to my blog! I dont have alot of readers but hopefully it will help! :) Praying for him!

    Stephanie @
    theshortonescookingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh love him! just tweeted this! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!