Wednesday, February 27, 2013

the Block Party

Every year we ask a bunch of knitters and crocheters to make 6" squares or blocks, and then we get together at the "Block Party" to sew them into blankets to send to orphanages and institutions that Max works with in Ukraine. I came up with the idea the beginning of 2010, and since then, God has blessed this project immensely and it has grown to beyond what I ever imagined!!

On Saturday, we hosted the 4th Annual Block Party.
All the blocks not already laid out into blankets. We had a total of 1770 blocks this year!!! Not sure yet how many blankets that will make as we are still laying them out and sewing them together.
Everyone sewing!
My sister Anna and her friend working on the rainbow blanket
My mom, Rachel's mom, and Mrs. O (Jimmy's (whom I've blogged about here and here) soon-to-be Mom)
Rachel and I ♥ How did I get so lucky to have such a great best friend??

Jim... trying not to be outdone by Gary :)
First finished blanket!!!
Anita, Betty, Rachel and I with the last finished blanket of the day! It was decided we weren't leaving until it was done!
To read more about the Block Party, or see more pictures from this year, please visit the Block Party website, or my crafting blog, For His Glory Handiwork.

So, that's what I've been up to lately! We are still sewing blankets, and still working on borders, but hopefully they'll be done soon! And we have a visit with the amazing Max himself scheduled in a little less than 3 weeks!! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!