Saturday, December 22, 2012

Not in Kansas anymore.

PLEASE continue to pray for Ralphie and Theo, and their family, as they are still in the hospital and will be for awhile yet...

I'm home at last and safely, praise God! Got home to the house around 11am. Flight was uneventful, and so smooth for such a small plane!

But I'm not in Kansas anymore. And I miss "my KS family" already!!

I miss Ruby...

I miss Ralph...


I miss Zhen...

I miss Theo...

I miss Leroy...

I miss Rosie...

I miss Jordan...

I miss Thomas...

I miss Chipper...
(As a side note... I was showing my little brother Elijah these picture when I got home and telling him names, and when we got to this one, I told him that was Chipper. He signed 'chip' and has been signing it asking to see this picture since!
I miss Richard...
(He no longer lives at home, but he came home for Christmas a few days ago)
And I miss James and Stephanie...
Didn't get a picture with James... but here's me and Stephanie at 5 am this morning, both of us with very little sleep the past few days. Need I say more?
I miss their whole family and the adventure always going on at their house!

(I do NOT, however, miss these two or the 3 dogs... but the kids insisted I take a picture with them. Sorry to the pet lovers, but I'm not too fond of indoor pets. ;))







As a friend of mine wisely said (hope you don't mind I'm quoting you!) - "Experiences like this are great.  But they are also so, so hard.  I have never been so stretched as I am helping out an adoptive family.  And that's not a bad thing. " I couldn't agree more. I struggled and was stretched a LOT this trip. But I also wouldn't trade my experiences there for anything.

I have learned so much... not only about myself, and tips on managing a large family, but how to completely rely on Him who gives me strength. And I am soo thankful for that.

Thank you Nance family, for putting up with me for 3 weeks, and letting me fall crazy in love with your crazy (in a good way) family! Love you all and miss you!! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!