Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Year in Review

Today marks exactly one year since my first post on this blog.

263 posts, 48 followers, and over 17,000 page views later, I can say it's been one year. But the numbers is not what it's about!!!

It's not about how many posts I've have, it's about how many people have touched or inspired to help in some way or form after reading one of my posts. Or about how many people have been better informed after reading a post here.

It's not about how many followers I have, it's about how many people who didn't know things they know now, after reading my blog.

It's not about how many page views I've had, it's about how many people have looked at this blog and gone away changed.

And I know those numbers aren't where I'd like them to be, but if I can help change the life of just one person, orphan or not, through this blog, it's all been worth it!


I'll admit to you that while I LOVE blogging, it's not always easy. There are things that are hard to share about, there's good and the bad. When I write a post like this.. after putting my feelings into words for this corner of bloggy world to see, I'm emotionally exhausted. It's hard to find just the write words to express what I'm feeling, I'm not a good writer, and it doesn't always come out right. And it's hard to choose who and what to share about when there is SOO MUCH NEED!!! But I love this blog, and I love blogging, and like I said before, if just one person is touched, then I've done what I started this blog to do.

I want to invite you to watch this video I put together celebrating the 1 year anniversary of this blog! :)



Thank you for following along through the good and the bad, and everything in between! I really appreciate that you take the time to read my little blog!


3 comments:

  1. Great video Sarah! How much do you love the world edition version of that song?! (especially the Russian chorus... :) )

    I am definitely one of the many who have been touched and inspired by you and your blog. We've been through a lot of highs and lows this year but through it all, God is indeed Great.

    Love your heart my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing your first year of blogging! I recently completed my first year too (February 18). You have written a LOT more posts than I have though! Keep up the good work - your voice makes a difference! I enjoyed the video - especially the pictures of the Waiting Wednesday Kids who are now home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful video!! I loved it (except for the pictures of me) :) You are an amazing writer and blogger, never stop! I love following along! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!