Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet One!

Skipping 'Mazing Monday this week because I have something else I want to share with you...
Oh sweet Lyla...
I found out that it's your birthday today!
I want to say Happy Birthday and have a great day but your day probably wasn't that great
Because you spent in an orphanage
In a room with many other babies waiting
Waiting for a forever family to come save you
But your forever mommy hasn't seen your face yet
When she does, she will know that you are her daughter
She will know, with all her heart, that she is meant to be your mommy
I do all I can in hopes that she will see your face
I post your picture in everyone one of my blog posts
I ask others to share about you
I pray for you and your forever family
My heart breaks for you
You have to spend your 2nd birthday in an orphanage...
Alone.
I can't say happy birthday, because your birthday wasn't happy
I can't promise you that you will be home by your next birthday
But I do hope and pray it will be so
Oh how I love you sweet girl!!

Lilianna


Girl, born November 2009
Lilianna survived!!   She had an adoptive family previously, but they were not permitted to adopt her at the time because she was in the hospital and not expected to live.  But she DID!  We are thrilled she is healthy enough to be relisted!   

Sweet little Lilianna has a congenital heart defect (ASD and VSD) and possible pulmonary issues.  She is also missing her left forearm entirely.   Lilianna has bright blue eyes and needs a family right away.


My dear bloggy friends... I ask that you all take part in Lyla's birthday celebration. All you have to do is write a blog post about her and share at least one the pictures of her (which you are welcome to steal of this blog!). Then please come back here and link-up your post!! (info on how to link up HERE)

Note: Please try and use her RR name - Lilianna when posting about her. I admit that I should be using that name, but I have used Lyla far to many times to go back and edit. :) Plus, Lyla is what my little sister calls Elijah, so it's neat to use a name so close to my heart. ♥ Thank you!

I don't have an Ipad2 to giveaway to one of the people that blogs about her, and I don't have any other cool prizes to offer. But I ask that you do it for her - do it for Lyla. The reward will be when you see her blossom with her family!

So please... blog and link-up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah - Just Beautiful!!!!

    I tried to join the blog hop but (well you know how experienced I am with computer stuff) I messed it all up. So I just have a picture of a black square - UGH!!! Not beautiful Lyla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I just linked up. I took the "Lyla" pictures from your blog -- hope that's OK with you. Thanks for all the advocacy work you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!