Friday, July 20, 2012

Looking Back Part 15: The Stand and The End

This is the final part of the Looking Back series - Part 15, previous parts are Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4Part 5Part 6Part 7Part 8Part 9Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, and Part 14.

One of my FAVORITE worship songs ever is The Stand. Hit play on the video below and listen to it while you read the rest of this post.



I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours


So what could I say?
And what could I do?
But offer this heart, Oh God
Completely to you


I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours

We sang this song and those words all. the. time. on the trip. Tim knew how to play the simple chords on the guitar, and we often sang it worshiping. Singing, humming, and speaking in tongues is how we worshiped during that song.

I know different people have different opinions about speaking in tongues and I'm not here to start a debate, but it was a huge part of our trip and I can't do a series about my trip without mentioning it. While I have not recieved the gift of speaking in tongues (yet, I still might), many others on the trip had, and I loved listening to this amazing way to sing praises back to God, and feeling His presence fill the room. It's really indescribable.

Every time we would sing that song, I felt God's presense so heavily that it often moved me to tears. And this song still gets me every time I hear it. I absolutely love it. Thank you God for revealing yourself when we sing praises to you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So this is the end of my trip series! I hope you enjoyed it, and thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!