Sunday, July 15, 2012

Looking Back Part 9: Goodbyes

This is Part 9 of the Looking Back series, previous parts are Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4Part 5Part 6Part 7, and Part 8.

Two years ago yesterday was and a Wednesday, and it was our last day at the institution. It was hard to say goodbye to the people we had grown to love over the past few weeks. Very hard. It would have been easier if I knew they were in better conditions.

Getting ready to go out and minister - in "our room":
King Sasha - Sasha was one of the Ukrainians who worked with us
The crowns were a craft for that day to symbolize that they are Princes and Princesses, because they are sons and daughters of the King
....and Max, his loyal servant :)

Praying over Victor
Makeshift puppet theater
I had to say good bye to....
...them
...and them (Sergey is in the center here)
...and them
...and them
...and them
...and them
...and these two - Zhenya (Ukrainian working with us) was comforting this man because he was afraid of the dogs at the institution... poor guy!

...and Pasha
Oh sweet Pasha! We had the opportunity to baptize him when we were are the beach. He had NEVER been in the water.

...and him
...and him. A man in the cage watching longingly as we leave.
Goodbyes are hard. They stink. But I am reassured knowing that if I never see them when/if I go back to Ukraine, that I will see them in our heavenly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!