Saturday, July 14, 2012

Looking Back Part 8: Drawing Pictures

This is Part 8 of the Looking Back series, previous parts are Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4Part 5Part 6, and Part 7.

Live simply so that others may simply live. - Mother Theresa

At the beach we did several crafts with the residents, but their favorite thing to do was just drawing pictures. Drawing pictures. With a marker or two or just a pencil. Oh the things we take for granted... This trip truly changed my perspective on a lot of things and I will never be the same again. It changed my life seeing what we rich Americans take for granted, and all the things we think we NEED, but really are just wants.

I took quite a few pictures while they were drawing as they didn't need much assistance and I wasn't participating like with the games. Here are a few.

"Pastor" Yuri - he was an amazing man of God with childlike faith so strong and so evident. Why he was there, I do not know, but he has certainly made the institution a better place. He had a Russian Bible, and he would walk around praying over the residents, and he prayed over us several times too.


A robot watching a TV, with a sun and birds on the top, and a fence on the bottom
This man was an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G artist. Amazing. I could never dream of drawing like him, and yet, he sits in the institution without a chance to practice his amazing talent or do anything with it.

Below are some of the pictures he drew at the beach...




I'm not sure if he drew this one too, but he very well might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!