Saturday, June 25, 2011

Faithful Friday - The Burlingham Family

Update: Andriy is no longer available for adoption because has been taken by a priest in his country. Please read about that here - http://matthew18vs14.blogspot.com/2011/12/hardest-post-i-have-ever-had-to-write.html

I did do a Faithful Friday post this past Tues, but I'm really behind, so this Friday, meet one of the many families who have stepped out in faith, the Burlingham's!




They are bringing home a sweet boy named Andriy:

ANDRIY for the Burlingham family–Charlotte, NC

Amanda and David have been married 11 years. They grew up together since the age of 7. David owns his own restaurant and Amanda is a stay-at-home mom. They  have two daughters and one son. Kyah 8, Aiden 5, and Braya 2. They are excited to welcome their second son into ther family. Andriy will be their first child through adoption. Thanks to a wonderful woman named Andrea G. for introducing them to Andriy. They always knew adoption was in their future and can't wait to start this journey with you! They want to thank you for your support!! 
5/31/11–COMPILING DOSSIER
Follow the Burlingham family's adoption journey on their blog atwww.justonemore4us.blogspot.com
$910.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!




I have a very special tie to this family. I have never met them, and I have only emailed with Amanda a couple times, but they are still special to me! Why? Because of the precious little boy they are bring home. Remember when I did my Waiting Wednesday posts about Logan, Ryan, and Brody, and my 'Mazing Monday post about Liza, I said that I was at an orphanage in a certian EE country last year. I got to play with several of the RR kids (though I didn't know it at the time or I would have taken boatloads more pictures!), including Liza, Logan, one of the members on our team held Ryan, and Andriy! When we saw him, he was in a little swing, and my dad would tickle his legs and he would giggle. Below are the only picture I took of him.



They just recently had a dot fundraiser where you had to buy dots to uncover the new pictures of him, and this is the video they unveiled at the end.



I have to admit, I cried while watching it, and seeing my dear friend Max, and sweet little Victoria didn't help. :)

But this family desperately needs help just as much prayerfully as financially! They are doing each step in this process dollar by dollar with none to spare. But even if you can't support financially, please stop by her blog (above) and leave Amanda some encouragement! She is such an amazing person, and is doing all she can to get her boy home. But sadly, she can't do it by herself. Please stop by their blog or FSP and show them some LOVE! It would mean soo much to her, and to me too! Thank you in advance!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!