Thursday, September 13, 2012

The same, yet different.

Having been through the adoption process twice with my family, it's not to new to me to help out and take care of the kids while mama (and sometimes daddy) is gone. I've done this before, just not with this family, and not at this house.

And it's so weird being here and going through it all again. Experiencing it from a different perspective. Because I remember this. Yet it's different. It's so familiar, but not the same.

We have skyped with Summer and Lyla several times since Gotcha day, and each time my brain does a double take and I'm like, wait! That's not my mom!

And then I get even more confused when I skype with my family.


I'm sure saying to the kids "Mama will be home in __ days!!" isn't helping anything either! :)

It's a weird feeling, and it's so hard to explain. It's not that I'm not enjoying my time here, it's just it's all so familiar, yet it's so different! Like I've been here before, but I haven't.

It sure brings back many memories of when my parents traveled, both good and bad!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah I followed your family journey to bring home Elijah and Jonathan, and I follow lots of RR families. I just wanted to tell you that I admire you and I think you are an amazing young lady. God sure has big plans for you and you are already listening to him at such a young age. I know your parents must be so proud of you, and they should be, they raised you to be a truly woman of God. I really love the Spitz family and I'm so happy you are there to help, I bet the littles are happy to have you there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I bet it is a little weird. :-) And I'm very grateful that you didn't post a picture of me via Skype. I'm always amazed at how tired I look when we Skype! LOL

    And yes, Emi, we are very, very proud of Sarah! I'm so excited to see what the Lord does in her life! Thanks for following our journeys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!