Friday, January 6, 2012

Faithful Friday - The Patterson Family

Does anybody remember when I went crazy posting about fundraisers and posted three in one day? One of the ones I posted about was the John 14:18 gear the Patterson family was selling to raise money for their adoption of two boys they had hosted over the summer - Vlad and Dima.

I got my pink hoodie for Christmas, and I have worn it almost every day since (it's been washed a few times, of course!)

"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you" - John 14:18

So this first Friday of 2012, meet the Patterson family!

The Patterson family's adoption journey has been anything but predictable. When the Patterson's got to Ukraine, they had a dramatic twist of events in their adoption. They discovered the boy's biological aunt was taking them into her custody and their family would no longer be able to continue with the adoption. Though heartbroken, they believed God had brought them to Uk***ne for a reason. 

They had gone over to get to "healthy" boys with no special needs besides needing a family. But God had bigger plans. He led them to two 6 year old boys with Down syndrome, in URGENT need of a family. Both were/are very tiny and scheduled to transferred any day. And the dear Spitz family who is adopting Gavin, was actually at the same orphanage as Patterson's new boys and were able to get updated pictures for them! Meet the two very special little boys they are now bringing home!
Oleg
Shane
Summer Spitz with both boys

OLEG and SHANE for the Patterson family — Wimberley, TX

The Patterson Family currently has 10 children, but soon they’ll have 12!  They adopted Chrissie, one of Reece’s Rainbow’s “other angels”, from Serbia in 2009.  On May 19, 2010, Chrissie went to live with Jesus following complications from open-heart surgery.  In the summer of 2011, the Pattersons hosted two Ukrainian boys in their home for 5 weeks, and they pursued adopting both boys after God confirmed for everyone that this was His will.  Well, God had a big twist in those plans, all intricately laid out by the Author of life, and while in Ukraine in December 2011 to adopt their host boys, God closed the door on adopting their host boys and opened it to adopt Oleg and Shane!  It’s a crazy story that could only be written by God.


12/21/11—DOSSIER SUBMITTED; WAITING FOR APPT
Follow the Patterson family's adoption journey on their blog www.AllArePreciousInHisSight.blogspot.com
$325.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!

The Patterson's are currently back at home waiting for their appointment to go back and meet the boys, and can really use your support and prayers as they are also going through a difficult loss right now. 
I am honored to wear my sweatshirt that helped to bring Oleg and Shane home, and I hope you will consider doing your part too! Thank you!

------------
I feel bad taking the attention of the end of this post off the Patterson's, but the reality is, this princess NEEDS a family, and I won't stop posting her picture until she does!!! There are many that love her, and I pray that many will soon include her parents working hard to bring her home. Won't you pray with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my readers!